Monday, February 25th, 2019
5:00 – 8:00pm
First Light Gallery
300 Virginia Street, Seattle
Westbank invites you to our 1st Annual Lunar New Year Party and Special Sales Event. RSVP to confirm your attendance.RSVP
Monday, February 25th, 2019
5:00 – 8:00pm
First Light Gallery
300 Virginia Street, Seattle
Westbank invites you to our 1st Annual Lunar New Year Party and Special Sales Event. RSVP to confirm your attendance.RSVP
Live Music & Traditional Lion Dance
Win Door Prizes
A special opportunity to purchase a home at First Light, and have an opportunity to select one of the following gifts** with your home:
YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE FIRST LIGHT LUNAR NEW YEAR EVENT ON FEBRUARY 25, 2019 TO WIN.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You have not yet won.
By entering this Promotion, PARTICIPANTS accept and agree to be bound by all terms and conditions in these Official Rules. Winning is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Any violation of these Rules may result in disqualification, without notice or other obligation to the violator. All decisions of Sponsor are final and binding in all respects. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sponsor. The sponsor of this First Light Lunar New Year Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is Virginia Street Joint Venture, LLC, 300 Virginia Street, Seattle, Washington 98101 (“Sponsor”). This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
a. Promotion Period. The Promotion entry period lasts during the First Light Lunar New Year event, which is on February 25, 2019 starting at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) (the “Promotion Period”); you must enter the Promotion at the event.
b. Drawing. Before the end of the First Light Lunar New Year event on February 25, 2019, Sponsor will randomly select two (2) potential prize winners at the event. Prize details are below.
c. Notification. The potential winners must be present to win and will be notified at the event on FEBRUARY 25, 2019.
3. Eligibility Requirements. This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who can provide proof of U.S. residency; except that residents of Florida and New York are NOT eligible to enter or win. Residents of Florida, New York, U.S. territories and possessions, U.S. military installations in foreign countries, and all locations not physically located within the continental United States are excluded from this Promotion. Past and present employees, officers, directors, agents, and independent contractors of Sponsor and any of its affiliates or other companies involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such employees, officers, directors, agents, and independent contractors are not eligible to enter this Promotion. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Promotion is void where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant that Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, is ineligible to participate in the Promotion.
4. How to Enter. To enter, you MUST attend the event on February 25, 2019 and submit an entry form. You will be required to provide information, such as your name, address, email address, and/or phone number.
Limit: The Promotion is limited to one entry per person during the Promotion Period. Any attempt by a participant to enter the Promotion more than once by using multiple/different identities or any other method will disqualify that participant. Sponsor has no obligation to notify the participant of the disqualified entry.
Entries are automatically null and void if not obtained through the authorized channels or if any part is late, lost, stolen, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, invalid, damaged, misdirected, or contains typographical or other errors. Sponsor is not responsible or liable in any way for such entries or errors. Sponsor has no obligation to notify the participant of the disqualified entry.
5. Winner Selection. Two (2) entries will be selected via random drawing from all eligible entries at the event on February 25, 2019. There will be only two (2) prize winners. SELECTED ENTRANTS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. If a winning entrant is not present, another potential winner will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries until the prizes are awarded to the eligible entrants present during the drawing. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
The winners may be announced Sponsor’s website and possibly via Facebook, Instagram, and other social media outlets, but this is not how the potential winners will be notified; the potential winners will be notified at the event on February 25, 2019.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Prizes and Prize Values. Only TWO (2) prizes will be awarded.
First Prize: The first prize given to the first randomly draw winner is a two-night stay for two at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, Canada (with an ARV of USD $2000) plus two roundtrip airline tickets (with an ARV of USD $500 per ticket). The total combined ARV of both elements of the first prize is USD $3000.
First Prize Conditions: If the First Prize winner elects to take a travel companion to use the First Prize, the First Prize winner’s travel companion must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time the First Prize is used; provided, however, that the First Prize winner’s travel companion may be under eighteen if accompanied by an adult who is the parent or legal guardian of the travel companion. The First Prize winner and the First Prize winner’s travel companion will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations and travel insurance. THE FIRST PRIZE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ARRANGEMENT OF TRAVEL OR EXPENSES INCURRED DURING TRAVEL, OTHER THAN THE TWO-NIGHT HOTEL STAY AND ROUND TRIP AIRLINE TICKETS. TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS AND EXPENSES (OTHER THAN THE TWO-NIGHT STAY AND ROUNDTRIP AIRLINE TICKETS), TIPS, TAXES, AND ALL OTHER EXPENSES ARE THE FIRST PRIZE WINNER’S AND THE FIRST PRIZE WINNER’S TRAVEL COMPANION’S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY.
By accepting the First Prize, the First Prize winner represents that he or she understands that travel, whether by plane, automobile, boat, train, or other conveyance, or by foot, on land or water, or in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, wild animals, or other agencies, known or unknown. By accepting the First Prize, the First Prize winner represents that he or she recognizes and accepts that such risks may be present at any time before, during, and after the trip. Sponsor makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee in whole or in part, express or implied, in fact or in law, in relation to the use of the First Prize including without limitation any representation or warranty concerning the First Prize’s safety, availability, quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or suitability for use, and non-infringement, or title. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury, death, or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery, possession, use, and/or misuse of the First Prize.
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service requires a Form 1099 MISC to be issued to and filed by any prize winner if the value of the prize received is USD 600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 MISC to THE FIRST prize winner for the ARV of the prize won, and the FIRST prize winner is solely responsible for filing this completed form with the Internal Revenue Service.
Second Prize: The second prize given to the second randomly draw winner is one (1) Hublot watch with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of USD $6800.
The U.S. Internal Revenue Service requires a Form 1099 MISC to be issued to and filed by any prize winner if the value of the prize received is USD 600 or more. Sponsor will issue a Form 1099 MISC to THE SECOND prize winner for the ARV of the prize won, and the SECOND prize winner is solely responsible for filing this completed form with the Internal Revenue Service. Prize Conditions for Both Prize Winners: All applicable federal, state, and local taxes associated with acceptance and use of the prizeS are the sole responsibility of the winnerS. All expenses and items not specifically mentioned in these Official Rules are not included and are the winners’ sole responsibility. The prizes may not be exchanged for cash value or otherwise, and the prizes non-refundable. No transfer, substitution, or assignment of the prize is permitted. The prizes are subject to availability and substitution, in whole or in part, with prizes of equal or greater retail value if the prizes are unavailable or cannot be awarded for any reason, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The value of the prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the ARV thereof and cannot be challenged or appealed. The actual value may vary based on retail value or expected retail value at the start of the Promotion. In the event the ARV of a prize is more than the actual retail value of the prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
Sponsor makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee in whole or in part, express or implied, in fact or in law, in relation to the use of the prizes including without limitation as to the prizes’ safety, quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or suitability for use, non-infringement of third party rights, and/or title. Sponsor expressly disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for death, injury, or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery, possession, use, and/or misuse of the prizes. Acceptance of the prize constitutes the winner’s release of Sponsor for repair or replacement of the prize. Additional restrictions, conditions, and limitations regarding the prize might apply.
Sponsor will either, in its discretion, coordinate prize pick-up or delivery with the winners directly. If Sponsor delivers the prizes via mail, each prize will be deemed delivered to the applicable winner once the applicable prize is delivered by Sponsor to the U.S. Postal Service or other common carrier of Sponsor’s choosing. Sponsor will not be responsible or liable for a lost, stolen, or damaged prizes once delivered to the U.S. Postal Service or other common carrier, or for any loss or damages relating to delivery, use, or misuse of the prizes. By participating, each winner waive the right to claim as a cost of winning the applicable prize, the cost required to claim or use the prize.
All prize details not set forth in these Official Rules are at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
8. Publicity Release. Unless prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor, and third parties on Sponsor’s behalf, may use the applicable winner’s name, state of residence, biographical data, voice, statements, image, likeness, and/or prize won (collectively the winner’s “Name and Likeness”) in connection with the promotion and/or for other marketing and promotional purposes and for any other business purpose, in any media, now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world, including on the Internet (including without limitation Sponsor’s website, social media sites, and other websites), without providing additional notice, consent, review opportunity, or consideration to the applicable winner. Each winner agrees that Sponsor (and third parties on Sponsor’s behalf) has(ve) the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, and worldwide right to reproduce, copy, exhibit, display, perform, transmit, broadcast, distribute, modify, create derivatives of, and otherwise use the applicable winner’s Name and Likeness. Each winner agrees that Sponsor may alter the applicable winner’s Name and Likeness and may combine the winner’s Name and Likeness with other materials and information (including without limitation, text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, animation and graphics, or video or audio segments of any nature, in any media or embodiment, now known or hereafter developed). Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the winner’s Name and Likeness, and Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder.
10. Release. By participating in this Promotion, you (i) agree to release (a) Facebook, (b) Instagram, and (c) Sponsor and its affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, agents, and independent contractors (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any and all claims, losses, damages, injuries, death, damage to or loss of personal property, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind arising out of or relating to your participation in this Promotion; your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of your prize; and/or the Releasees’ use of your Name and Likeness (including without limitation liability from and claims for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other right); and (ii) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees’ from and against any and all third-party claims, losses, damages, liabilities, injuries, death, damage to or loss of personal property, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind arising out of or relating to your participation in this Promotion; your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of your prize; and/or the Releasees’ use of your Name and Likeness (including without limitation liability from and claims for libel, defamation, invasion of privacy or right of publicity, infringement of copyright, or violation of any other right); and (iii) acknowledge and agree that the Releasees’ have not made and are not responsible or liable for any guarantees, warranties, or representations, express or implied, regarding the prizes. The prizes must be accepted as awarded, and the prizes are awarded “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” with no guarantee, warranty, or representation, express or implied, in fact or in law.
The winners of the Promotion (and the First Prize winner’s travel companion) may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, containing a release of any and all liability from any claims for damages, losses, death, or injury against Releasees’ arising from use of the prizes, and such other forms as Sponsor may require. Requiring the winners (and the Grand Prize winner’s travel companion) to sign the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and/or other documents, however, in no way limits the above release of liability or any other provision of these Official Rules.
11. Limitations of Liability. Releasees’ are not responsible for and have no obligation to notify participants of: (i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing or typographical errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (i) technical failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, network availability, server or other connections, hardware or software, or other equipment; or other disruption related to Internet traffic, viruses, or otherwise; (iii) forces beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; (v) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (vi) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate, misdirected, illegible or unintelligible, undeliverable, damaged, or stolen entries or correspondence; or (vii) any death, injury, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a participant’s participation in the Promotion; downloading of information regarding the Promotion; receipt, possession, use, or misuse of a prize; or use of the winners’ Name and Likeness. If, for any reason, a participant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, stolen, misdirected, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, if it is possible at that time.
12. Disputes; Limitation of Liability. Except where prohibited, participants agrees that: (i) these Official Rules, and the rights and obligations of the participants and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any conflict-of-law rules that would result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction; (ii) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the U.S. District Court for Washington or the appropriate Washington State Court located in King County, Washington; and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the State of Washington for any and all causes of action relating to this Promotion or prizes awarded; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to the greater of (a) actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by the applicable participant relating to the Promotion, including costs associated with entering the Promotion and claiming a prize, if any; or (b) USD 25.00, but in no event will any participant be awarded attorneys’ fees; (iv) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, special, exemplary, incidental, and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for the greater of actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred or USD 25.00; and (v) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to have, damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. General. For clarity, the terms “participant(s)” and “entrant(s),” as used in these Official Rules, include all individuals who enter the Promotion and the prize winners. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term on another occasion or any other term. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is not capable of being executed as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Promotion is terminated early, Sponsor may, in its discretion, randomly select two winners from all eligible entries received as of the termination time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who Sponsor finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Promotion or in a disruptive manner.
CAUTION: Any attempt by any person to defraud Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, to damage any website, or to otherwise deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and subject to criminal and civil penalties. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor will disqualify any such person from the Promotion, without notice to such person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law and to cooperate in the prosecution of any such conduct.
14. Winner Name. To request the winners’ names, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Westbank, 1067 W Cordova St #501, Vancouver, BC V6C 1C7; or send an email to 3rd&Virginia@firstlightseattle.com
Consumer Disclosure: You have not yet won. No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win. YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE FIRST LIGHT LUNAR NEW YEAR EVENT ON February 25, 2019 TO WIN. Enter by attending the event on February 25, 2019, starting at 5:00 Pacific Standard Time (“PST”), and submitting an entry form. Before the end of the First Light Lunar New Year event on February 25, 2019, Sponsor will randomly select two (2) potential prize winners at the event. First Prize: Two-night stay for two at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in Vancouver, Canada (with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of USD $2000) plus two roundtrip airline tickets (with an ARV of USD $500 per ticket). The total combined ARV of both elements of the first prize is USD $3000. Second Prize: Hublot watch with an ARV of USD $6800. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants. Limit: One entry per person. Must be 18+ and U.S. resident. Other restrictions apply. Sponsor: Virginia Street Joint Venture, LLC, 300 Virginia Street, Seattle, Washington 98101.